- Rhetoric at the University of Chicago, published by Peter Lang Publishers, Inc., 2018.
- "Presence and Absence: Kenneth Burke, and the Conference on College Composition and Communication" with Jack Selzer for Rhetoric Review.
- "Glenn Gould" for Rocktalog 2018, Edited by GV Carter and Victor Vitanza.
- "Materialist Rhetoric and 'For Us(e) Assessment." Enculturation, July 2017
- "Intermediate Composition and Trained Incapacity," Florida English Journal, Fall 2016
- "Disciplining the Community: The MA in English and Contextual Fluidty," Degree of Change: The MA in English Studies, edited by Margaret Strain and Rebecca Potter, 2016
- "Dramatism, Musical Theatre Interpretation, and Popular Artistic Production," KB Studies: the Journal of the Kenneth Burke Society, Spring 2016
- "The Spectator, the Spectacle, and the Spectral at the TPC Sawgrass Players Tournament," for Florida edited by Jeff Rice
- "Richard M. Weaver, Sharon Crowley, and Rhetorical Politics," Rhetoric Review, June 2013
- "Journal of General Education and a Return to Rhetoric," JGE, 2012
- "Demetrius, Denotes, and Burkean Identification at the University of Chicago," Rhetoric Review, 2010
- "Extraordinary Understandings of Composition: Kenneth Burke, Henry Sams, and F.C. Ward." CCC, 2007